To the congregation of St. Stephen’s,
It has been a long time since we gathered at St. Stephen’s as a community. I know that, with churches being allowed to open their doors, everyone has been asking when we can go into the church building.
Some of you may have heard that our Diocese, as well as other Dioceses of Ontario, have passed a ruling that we are to keep the doors closed until September at the earliest (if it is safe to do so).
The Bishop’s office has released a letter stating that we can now have OUTDOOR SERVICES as long as we abide by safety protocols.
What does this mean for us at St. Stephen’s?
I have been working with Parish Council, as well as the Liturgy Committee, to plan a move to OUTDOOR Services (approximately 30 minutes long) on the front lawn of St. Stephen’s STARTING on JULY 5th, 2020.
Here is what you need to know:
1) At this point in time, St. Stephen’s cannot offer rides to church.
2) The inside of the building is still to be closed during services
3) You must bring your own lawn chair to sit on.
4) Social Distancing of 6 feet/2 meters will be mandatory.
5) Families of 2 or more will be grouped together with a 6 feet/2 meters space from the next group of families.
6) No singing by the congregation.
7) There will be NO HAND SHAKING OR HUGGING unless it’s within your own family.
8) There will be NO Communion.
9) No Passing of the Offering Plate. We will set up a table with an Offering Plate
that people can drop off their offerings.
10) If people are nervous about sitting with people on the lawn, they can park their cars in front of the church so they can hear.
11) Wear a non-medical face mask when physical distancing isn’t possible to do consistently.
Since we are meeting outside please remember to bring:
1) LAWN CHAIRS
2) YOUR OWN WATER to stay hydrated
3) SUN SCREEN Lotion
4) HATS ARE ALLOWED TO BE WORN BY EVERYONE TO AVOID SUN BURNED HEADS!
The Leadership of our Diocese as well as those of St. Stephen’s take your Health and Safety seriously and we need to protect our Church Family.
Looking forward to seeing you starting JULY 5th.
Rev. Stephen Martin
Regular services are held every Sunday morning at 10 am.
Holy Eucharist is celebrated the first and third Sundays monthly
Morning Prayer the second and fourth Sundays
Services may change according to the liturgical season
March 1 – Lent 1 – Holy Eucharist – Lenten Tenebrae & Dialogue – “Silent Witnesses – The Thorns”
March 8 – Morning Prayer –